Restoring your primary systems—circulatory, respiratory, and nervous—to a baseline level of good physical health is the central goal of Cycle 1: Restore from The 17 Day Plan to Stop Aging. In the next 17 days, by following this plan, you’ll experience marked improvements in your cardiovascular performance, lung health, and mental acuity.
Here are specific goals you will want to keep you in mind as you go.
Goals of Cycle 1: Restore
- Bring resting heart rate into healthy range
- Improve cholesterol levels
- Lower CRP (C-reactive protein) levels
- Lose Weight
- Increase physical health and strength
- Increase your respiratory system
- Deepen breathing
- Prevent lung infections
- Improve memory
- Prevent dementia
- Boost creativity
- Enhance the five senses
How to Be Healthy: Preparing for Cycle 1
Conduct a thorough cleaning of your living and workspace (be sure to wear a dust mask while you’re cleaning). This isn’t about cleaning out your closet of clothes you don’t wear; this is about removing dust and allergens. If you suffer from allergies, take your allergy medication a half hour before you begin the cleaning, and keep window open for fresh air.
Why: This cleaning will give your respiratory system a bit of a break because you won’t be breathing as many dust particles and pollens over the course of the next 17 days.
General Guidelines for Enhancing Your Respiratory System and Physical Health
1. Check the label on your daily multivitamin to make sure it includes these vitamins and dosages. If not, start taking supplements in conjunction with the multivitamin or simply replace your multivitamin with one that contains most of these amounts to improve your physical health and respiratory system.
- Vitamin C: 1,000 mg daily
- Vitamin E: 200 IUs daily
- Fish Oil: 3 grams daily
- B complex:
- Folic acid: .4 mg
- B-12: 2.4 mcg
- B-6: 1.3 mg
- Selenium: .2 mg
- Turmeric: 750 mg daily
- Flaxseed oil: 1 tablespoon
- Coenzyme Q10: 50 mg
2. Stop using perfume, hairspray, air freshener, and all aerosol-cleaning products for this entire cycle to help you breathe easy. (Hey, a few bad hair days and smelly bathrooms are small prices to pay for getting your lungs working at their best!)
Why: There are potentially toxic ingredients in these seemingly innocuous products that will interact negatively with other indoor pollutants (such as dust and animal dander). By taking a break from using these products, your lungs will enjoy a much-needed rest.
3. As you know, one of the anti-aging essentials is to stay hydrated, so let this serve as your reminder to drink at least six to eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day on this plan.
Tip: Get a reusable water bottle and keep it nearby all day, including when you’re driving, working, etc. Depending on how many ounces it holds, you should be refilling it a few times daily.
4. Time how long you brush your teeth in the morning and at night by placing an egg timer next to the sink. Set it to two minutes—it’s longer than you think, so keep brushing until the alarm goes off and floss afterward.
Reminder: People with the least amount of bacteria in their mouth and gums typically have better cognitive functioning than those with dirty mouths!
Improve Your Physical Health and Breathe Easy
Once you have done the proper preparation, you’re all set to begin Cycle 1: Restore!
By the end of the Restore Cycle, you should be feeling fantastic overall. You will be breathing with more ease, thinking more clearly, feeling energetic and probably even fitting into your clothes better. Your circulatory, nervous and respiratory system will respond so quickly to such minor efforts and subtle changes, and in just 17 days you will actually take huge strides toward delaying—even reversing—factors of aging.
Thank you for reading this article on how to be healthy and begin Cycle 1: Restore! If you enjoyed this article please share and comment below!
Topics included in this article are:
How To Be Healthy