Coconut oil appears to be the latest and greatest panacea or cure all. It’s said to have a laundry list of amazing benefits for weight loss and overall health.
People are finding great new uses for it every day. When I say “new uses,” I mean people are using it for EVERYTHING.
So the question is, what do I think about coconut oil?
I’m a believer…
Why is Coconut Oil Good For You?
First of all, in terms of taste, it’s a great way and a great thing to use on salads and fresh vegetables. It is a good substitute to use in cooking in place of other oils and to use in food over butter and other trans fats. The reason is that the medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil don’t get packed away as fat as easily.
I discuss more benefits of coconut oil in my done for you diet program The 17 Day Diet Body Breakthrough Program.
What are the Benefits of Coconut Oil?
The benefits span far beyond that of using coconut oil in cooking a healthy meal and beyond the Omega 3’s that we’re well aware of. Coconut oil has it’s uses all over the body to help improve, skin, hair and nails. It can also be used as an anti inflammatory in the body. It’s great for your heart and lungs and can reduce high blood pressure, relieve stress, and help you maintain a healthy cholesterol level.
Below I’ve listed 17 benefits of coconut oil. Try using it for some of these things, or add it to your food. It is great to keep some on hand because you can use it for so many things.
17 AWESOME Organic Coconut Oil Uses
- Can help lower cholesterol.
- Use it as a supplement for daily energy.
- Rub some on your skin to make it feel smooth and silky.
- Comb some coconut oil through your hair to reduce frizz.
- Substitute for coffee creamer.
- Use it as lip balm to moisturize your lips.
- It can be used as massage oil or personal lubricant.
- Use it on a sunburn to soothe your skin.
- A replacement for vegetable oil in any recipe.
- Have a beard? Coconut oil makes a great beard oil that will soften it up and make it easier to manage.
- Use it on cold sores to help heal them faster.
- As a natural sweetener.
- A great aid to help with digestion.
- On toast as a substitute for butter.
- When rubbed on the skin during pregnancy, coconut oil can help reduce stretch marks by keeping your skin hydrated.
- Helps reduce dandruff and dry scalp.
- As cuticle cream to make your cuticles healthy and soft.
There you have it. Add a little bit of coconut oil to your life and see how it benefits you. There are more tips about coconut oil and other miracle foods in The 17 Day Diet Body Breakthrough! Learn more about Body Breakthrough by clicking here.
Leave your uses for coconut oil below and join the conversation! To learn about some great healthy tips, download my FREE report, “Drop the Habits, Drop the Pounds” by clicking the button below.